Welcome To Harmony House
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFERING FROM THE RAVAGES OF ADDICTION?
If So Contact Harmony House, A Program That Uses Proven Strategies And Is Incorporating Existing And New Modern Methods That Are Showing Great Result’s
Harmony House Is An Exclusive, Boutique Rehab And Transitional House
Harmony House is an exclusive, boutique rehab and transitional house
It is limited to 8-10 participants in bayside Melbourne, where clients experience the unique opportunity to reside with their Mentor, AOD counsellor and recovery coach.
We offer our clients a supportive, structured environment to develop personal and interpersonal skills for living drug-free. We integrate counselling, education, relapse prevention practices and planned recreation to care for the whole person, mind, body, and spirit.
- Our program is based on proven methods and informed by the latest research in the neuroscience of addiction and recovery from addiction
- Peer interactions and shared community responsibilities form the basis for social therapy.
- We tailor the program to meet the client’s individual needs and provide a personalized plan for ongoing recovery.
- We believe that treating addiction effectively, involves getting to know the client personally and teaching practical principles as the basis of growth and recovery.
To provide quality, effective addiction treatment services through advanced, best practice client care. We aim to develop an individual’s capacity to pursue an unimpaired and meaningful life through abstinence and restoration of the physical, emotional, and spiritual self
Research conducted by The National Institute on Drug Abuse indicates that most addicted individuals require up to 3 months in residential treatment. In combination with the support and accountability Harmony House provides, this treatment style is designed to give the client the best possible opportunity of overcoming addiction and /or mental health issues.
We appreciate that recovery consists of multiple stages, and that each person’s journey is unique and individual.
- Our goal is to instill our clients with hope, prepare them to make better choices, and guide them with safe direction.
- We combine the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and well established psychological therapies.
- We encourage a strong orientation towards the community of self help recovery programs and exercise for health and wellbeing.
- With the focus maintained on physical, behavioural, and emotional sobriety, clients are involved in a multi-disciplinary process that holistically caters to the body, mind and spirit.
We empower the individual to confront and overcome their addiction issues, commencing a transformation process.
We build the individual’s capacity to effectively reintegrate as valued members of both their families and the wider community.
We assist the pursuit of an unimpaired and meaningful life through abstinence, and restoration of the physical, emotional and spiritual self.
We encourage the individual to take personal responsibility for themselves by enabling them to take control of their lives
OUR TREATMENT APPROACH
Our Treatment Approach Is Multifaceted, Innovative, And Holistic. It Encompasses The Following Elements Which Provide A Solid Foundation For Affirmative Change:
Our treatment approach is multifaceted, innovative, and holistic. It encompasses the following elements which provide a solid foundation for affirmative change:
Direct clinical intervention
Direct clinical intervention from experienced professionals who work together to assist each individual in their transformative process.
Therapeutic Community Model
A Therapeutic Community Model of residential care that promotes social cohesion, connectedness and self-responsibility.
A holistic method of addressing the needs of each individual by treating the physical, psychological and emotional issues.
Continuum of care
A continuum of care encompassing residential treatment, community reintegration and continued care and consultation.
We offer 30 – 90 day programs based on clinical expertise and proven neuroscience. We develop an individualized program to enable our clients to achieve recovery, based on their individual needs.
All residents undergo a thorough psychosocial and medical assessment to determine their individual strengths and areas for development, which forms the basis of their individual treatment and recovery plan. We offer the integrated services of an experienced medical team including doctor and psychologist where appropriate.
Our clients have the unique experience of residing with their mentor and they become part of a trusted community. Staff are on hand to provide support on an ongoing basis and are trained and well-practiced in appropriate recovery models, drawing upon a wealth of education and lived experience.
The program focuses on life skills, emotional regulation, and post treatment recovery planning. We provide our clients with the education and the skills to embrace change and manage addictive behaviours. We foster good habits, including regular sleep patterns, healthy nutrition, exercise, mindfulness, and ongoing group therapy within the Harmony House community.
Our timetable involves:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mediation and Mindfulness sessions
- Weekly individual counselling sessions
- Family Support and mentoring
- Recovery educational groups
- Relapse prevention and continued recovery planning
- Psychoeducational group meetings
- Health and fitness program
- Attendance at self help community meetings
- Life skills education
- Addiction and Recovery education
- Nutrition education
INTEGRATED MEDICAL SERVICES
NUTRITION AND EXERCISE
INTEGRATED MEDICAL SERVICES
ASSESSMENT AND PLAN
Upon admission to Harmony House, clients are seen by a General Practitioner for assessment and a treatment plan is formulated according to the specific needs of the individual.
- Once the individual needs of the client have been identified, relevant practitioners are engaged through our integrated services program.
- We use the services of a team of reputed medical practitioners who are experienced in treating addiction.
Harmony House is a well reputed facility in the Victorian courts and our program has a history of positive outcomes for clients, from a welfare and legal perspective.
Our Addiction Specialist Clinician is available to conduct expedient psychosocial assessment of the client, (custodial visit if necessary), and interact with lawyers and Victoria Police to assist with the Bail Application process.
NUTRITION AND EXERCISE
The disease of addiction impacts the physical health and fitness of the individual. Healthy diet and regular exercise are an integral part of the program of Harmony House.
We are located close to St Kilda Beach and Albert Park Lake. Clients partake in daily walks by the beach or lake as part of the exercise program.
After the initial reintegration phase of the program, clients are encouraged to take out temporary membership at a local gym, where an individually tailored workout regime is designed to assist in the overall strength and fitness of our clients.
Clients are involved in meal planning and preparation, as part of their development of Life Skills.
We highlight the importance of improved physical health and fitness, and the correlating impact on mental and emotional wellbeing.
Families affected by addiction carry a heavy burden. Problematic alcohol and drug use can significantly strain relationships, increase social isolation, and undermine the family’s physical, emotional and financial wellbeing. Research clearly shows that involving family in the rehabilitation process significantly improves long term outcomes for all involved.
A confidential family consultation is provided as part of our treatment program to engage the family in the treatment process.
FAMILY EDUCATION PROGRAM
Our Family Education Program provides valuable information to families about the treatment process, the cycle of addiction and post treatment reintegration. Families receive professional support. The program aims to inform, educate, and encourage family members. Our focus is the cultivation of a new approach to the family’s relationship with their loved one in treatment.
EXIT PLAN AND RELAPSE PREVENTION
At the end of the program our clients are provided with an exit plan. We assist clients to establish a plan for their future and address the issues of housing, returning to work or study, and restoring connections with family and loved ones.
We encourage clients to engage in the Day Program with includes daily CHECK IN session, in person or by zoom, every morning, as they have been encouraged to do whilst residing at Harmony House. After lunch, clients are encouraged to engage in the GROUP sessions which include ongoing education. The Day Program runs for 6 weeks but clients can negotiate to extend.
WHY CHOOSE HARMONY HOUSE
WHY CHOOSE HARMONY HOUSE
- Clients have the unique benefit of residing with their mentors.
- We only accommodate up to 8-10 clients at any one time to optimize the care and attention for our clients’ recovery.
- We design personalized programs to meet the individual needs of our clients.
- Staff are qualified, with lived experience of addiction and long-term recovery.
- Our effective and intense program addresses the whole health of the client, as well as addiction.
- We include Exercise, Nutrition and Life Skills programs.
- We offer 1 on 1 family support program.
- We have an ongoing Day Program in person as well as by zoom, to provide a continuum of care.
- We have a record of success, resulting from clients who have struggled with addiction as well as legal issues, who have moved ahead and embraced recovery.
- We are a competitively priced drug and alcohol rehab service.
WHAT OUR CLIENT’S SAY
When I first engaged the staff at Harmony House, my son was addicted to ice and GHB, and he had no interest in recovery. He had lost his job, isolated himself from friends and family, and he was in trouble with the law. He had been in and out of custody and had experienced three medical emergencies due to overdose, yet nobody could reach him. The director at Harmony House initially met my son at his level. His lived experience of addiction and non-judgmental manner enabled him to create a bond that resulted in my son entering Harmony House.
The education, therapy, and life skills that my son learned at Harmony House have saved his life. The intimacy created by living with his mentor and the small group, enabled him to create meaningful bonds within the recovery community. He gained important education about drugs and addiction, self-awareness, restorative relationship skills, insight into his own triggers, and most importantly of all, new habits that give structure to his life.
Eighteen months later, my son is still in recovery and going strong.